Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our struggle

When Camryn was about 6 months old Cody and I started trying for baby #2! Let me back up a little bit and explain and it only took 2 months to concieve our daughter! We tried for many many months on our own until we decied to see a doctor. We went in and the dr told me to start charting my cycles so that is what we did for another 3-4 months. Went back again to the dr with charts in hand and he decided to put me on Clomid. I was on that for about 6 months and sure enough no pregnancy.Well I decided to switch Drs because this one wasn't answering questions I had and didn't feel like he really go me, so to another gyno I go! I then went to a woman and she put me on letrozole with it like clomid.. but instead each month she was tracking my progestrone levels. The 1st month on 2.5mg I think I an 8 and they wanted 12 or better.. so then they upped it the next month to 5mg and I believe I was about 12.8.. then the next month went to 7.5mg and I believe I was about 20, so the dr and I were thrilled, but that month never ended up in a pregnancy! In between the 1st and 2nd cycle the dr wanted to perform a HSG, which is a test that they inject dye into the uterus to make sure all the tubes are open and nothing is being blocked... can I just say OUCH!!!The Gyno thought it would be best to send me to a RE (reproduction endocronglist) so I got a referral and went right away. The 1st thing they wanted to try was a letrozole cycle and IUI (An IUI -- intrauterine insemination -- is performed by threading a very thin flexible catheter through the cervix and injecting washed sperm directly into the uterus.) Which I should add that Cody was tested and came out outstanding, go figure! Anyways so we do that cycle and nothing came of it!The next month (which was October) we decided to try injections.. I would contiune to take the oral letrozole days 3-7 and then on day 7 start and injections called follistim which would help make my follicles grow and mature! And after several ultra sounds we got to a point where 2 follicles were of size and we did a trigger shot which induces ovulation and then two days later we went in for another IUI! We had to wait 2 weeks to test because the trigger shot can give off a false positive is taken too early! So I had to do a beta blood test on Friday so I went in RIGHT in the morning and sat by the phone anxiously ALL day to finally get a phone call at 5:30 that night. It was the nurse and she wanted to tell me my beta number was 8 which was techincally pregnant but they wanted me to come back in Monday for another drawing to make sure my numbers contiune to go up and double! So all weekend long we weren't trying to get our hopes up and I even took a couple test that were SUPER faint positives.. I went in 1st thing on Monday again and never heard anything ALL day.. so my husband decided to call and he called to let me know that my numbers dropped. CHEMICAL PREGNANCY.. it was completely heart breaking!!! We are almost on the 2 1/2 yr mark of trying for baby #2 and you lose faith VERY easily! We decided to take two months off with the holidays and everything and we will try again after the 1st of the year!!!

1 comment:

mbmays said...

so sorry to read about your struggles! i hope everything gets better for you soon!